Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Summer Movies!

Cinemark, one of our local theatres, has $1 movies for the kids once a week during the summer. I loaded up my two kiddos and two neighbors and we went off to go see "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." So $5 got us into the movie, $15 got us all snacks. $20 bucks for an entire morning's entertainment. Not real bad considering I could have dropped much more by going to Wal-Mart or Target. All the kids except for the shortest one (a.k.a. Bryson) were pretty good. Short dude kept tormenting the family in front of us. He was kicking their seats, trying to pull hair, all sorts of generally annoying things. We did get through the movie okay though! We ran into several friends there as well. Amazing how you seem to find everyone you now in the same places you are, especially when you're not in a small town (not that B/CS is a large city or anything).

So, now Mikayla is with a friend we saw at the movies. She won't be home until time to go to VBS. Bryson is napping. And me.. I'm trying to get work done, blog, do laundry, and everything else on my list before said Short Dude wakes up!

0 comments: